Wednesday, July 13, 2011

New things!

Hi again! Another week in Germany gone... It's crazy that I will only be saying that two more times until it won't be the truth anymore, as I will officially be back in the U.S. on July 29.

Life around here has been pretty quiet compared to what it was like at the beginning of the month, but there is a definite sense of rush in the air. It is as though everyone suddenly realized that the end of the semester is upon us and we will all soon be leaving Germany for an indefinite amount of time. While at home the end of the semester would entail me holing myself up in the library with a 40 pound backpack full of schoolwork, here I am busying myself less with school, and more with cramming in all of the things I neglected to do all semester into the two remaining weeks. There have been lots of city strolls, biergarten evenings, and bier evenings in general. I am starting to realize that even though there is a lot to be missed about home and everything/everyone there, it's going to be really strange to not be living like I have here. I've met a lot of people that I will be dreading leaving behind! I only have a handful of remaining classes and my final test is next Thursday, although I have classes right up until the morning I leave for Berlin.

However, the trip is not over yet and I am so ready for a great two weeks in Regensburg! This weekend I am going to revisit a few of my favorite things in Regensburg, such as the Walhalla temple, and a few things I have yet to see. Next week I have a normal week of class and Monday night I will get to see Harry Potter since the theater is having an English showing! I'd like to think I am responsible for this magic. My friend Liz has her two sisters in town visiting her and it has been great to get to meet them! They are swell gals and we had a fun night of dancin' in town last night. Other than the addition of a couple more transplanted Americans in the area, not much is new in this neck of the woods (or of Europe.) I miss everyone and can't wait to come home soon!

Love Ashley

Here are a couple more pictures from my UK trip!

Standing in front of Arthur's Seat
Standing in front of the von Trapp villa

No comments:

Post a Comment