Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Der letzten Woche?

Busy busy busy! And after months of having practically nothing to do, it feels so good to have things that need to be done. Tomorrow I have my final for the Sprachkurs and Monday a paper due for my Landeskunde course. After that, I just have to go to class two more times next week and then I will be finished! I haven't started to pack yet, but hopefully I will get some time to do that over the weekend so that next week isn't too stressful. I am really looking forward to an exciting weekend and getting to do all of my favorite Germany things one more time. There is also a handful of complicated tasks that we all have to complete in order to un-matriculate from the university here... it is really confusing! However, I know it will all come together one way or another. The next week, in any case, is going to be filled with lots to do and I am excited for it all.

Last night I was invited last-minute over to my host family's house for a nice dinner. They had some family friends over who were really nice! We ate and then sat outside and talked for several hours. Normally my family drives me home after our time together, but I guess they had a lot going on last night because around 11 they told me the last bus was coming soon and I needed to watch out to catch it. They also offered to let me spend the night over, but I really needed to get home and get some work done. I got on the 11 bus into town (they live a little ways out of Regensburg), and then got of at the Oberer Katholische Friedhof stop to catch the 10 the remaining two miles home. The only problem was that I had just missed the last one by two minutes, and therefore had to walk home. As soon as I realized I had missed it, it started pouring and began to lightening. Not wanted to get any more soaked than I was, I sprinted the rest of the way home and had to jump straight in the shower when I finally made it because I was drenched in sweat. It stormed and rained all night and has done so all day as well. The weather is supposed to be terrible until I leave (50s, 60s and rain) but I have had really good luck with weather here for the most part, so I suppose I shouldn't complain too much.

As I said before, tomorrow I have my test and then my friends and I are planning on going out to eat for dinner. This weekend we want to go to all of our favorite bars and I also am having dinner with my host family, Liz, and her host family on Sunday night. I am also planning on staying at their house Wednesday night before I leave so that I can make sure I have all of my stuff together ahead of time and get a nice night of rest before my three day journey home begins.  

I am going to the beach with my family for a week starting the morning after my flight lands back in Lexington, so that 10 hour drive tacked on to my two day long return home to the US brings me to three. Someone might need to Express Mail me a few sleeping pills... but as my mom and I have figured out this week, Express Mail means nothing on this continent! I have been waiting on her bank card to get to me (a replacement for mine that was lost on the plane where I left my purse) for a week now when it was guaranteed to be here in 3-5 days. So much for that! But with any luck it will be here tomorrow and I won't be as poor anymore.

I am really excited about coming home but have mixed feelings about leaving here. I have had such a good time and it will be weird to leave it all behind, especially since I have been here so long!

love Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment