Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Schoenen Fruehling

It's official: I love spring here. There's something so nice about being on the WKYT news site and hearing about the daily tornadoes and thunderstorms back home, turning my computer off, and going outside to enjoy the 70 degree, always sunny German springtime. It's really something!

As you might haven noticed if you read my last post, I am having some roommate issues again. Luckily I don't regularly spend a lot of time around here and it shouldn't be an issue for too much longer since I'll once again be busy with school and life. There's just a little too much tension for my liking at the moment.

Easter was absolutely fantastic. I woke up, made a cake, and then joined some of my friends in town for a little Easter get together. We had brown sugar crusted ham, green beans, rolls, Osterbrot, a turkish salad with tomatoes and onions, mashed potatoes, and lemon bars. It was so perfect and delicious. We all stuffed ourselves and then spent the rest of the day by the river playing Frisbee, skipping rocks, and hanging out. It was a great day. I even got to hang out with a cat; the first one in Germany that has allowed me to get closer than ten yards to it. It let me pet it and hung out with me for awhile, basically making my day even better.

Me and my feline Freund. 
I came home late and watched a movie waiting for Morgan to get back. She had gone to Neuschwanstein, which is the castle that Disney used in creating the images for the Sleeping Beauty castle. Apparently it was really beautiful and she enjoyed it. Hopefully I get a chance to go at some point!

The rest of the week has just been relaxation, trying to get into shape, and going on long walks. Morgan and I are determined to walk everywhere so we have been avoiding the bus as much as is possible. There are really so many lovely places to walk to around here. Friday we are planning on going to the Dachau concentration camp, which should be very interesting. I have wanted to visit there ever since we have gotten here. Then we have one last weekend until classes start for the summer semester. It is really strange that everyone back home is finishing up the year and here I am just getting mine started! I also will soon be in contact with my new host family. Even though we are living in the dorms, we have all been assigned a host family that will show us around everywhere and occasionally invite us to participate in family activities. I am excited to meet mine and to get to speak even more German. Next month I am hopefully going to travel to Paris or Barcelona. I have been keeping my eye on the budget flights hoping to run into a good deal!

Love you all and hope that no one has been swept away to Kansas.

Ashley

Morgan, Liz and I exchanged treats on Easter. Needless to say all have already been consumed.

No comments:

Post a Comment