Thursday, April 21, 2011

Oster!

Hi! I miss everyone a lot and I hope that everything is great at home. It's Oster time here in Germany (well... I guess in the US too) and that means that absolutely nothing will be open the next four days. Good thing I stocked up on food and chocolate alike for the weekend!

I finally have a computer charger, which directly correlates with having internet access, so hopefully now I will update more often. I wouldn't put money on it, however. Things here are going great. I am done with my Sprachkurs and am currently enjoying a two week vacation of doing nothing. It's really nice to be able to a) sleep in b) go out without worrying about how miserable I will be the next day c) actually see what Regensburg looks like between the hours of 8am-3pm. The weather was kind of awful the last week of class and into that first weekend, but now it is seventies and sunny everyday. I love it. A lot of people here spend their free time sitting on the banks beside the river and picnicking or hanging out and we have just started doing that. All of the little picturesque biergartens are opening up and it really is lovely around here. One day I will go into town and take a lot of pictures so everyone can see it.

We finished up finals last week and I managed to survive them. We hung out with friends and enjoyed going out at night the first weekend and spent the days cooking for hours and hanging out around town. The night that exams were over we had a program party where everyone brought international food and drinks. It was a pretty ridiculous evening... I will leave that open to interpretation! Morgan's friend, Jason, who is from KY but works nearby at the military base, came in for the weekend and brought us Jif peanut butter!

I also have forced myself to start running and working out again so that I am not miserable trying to get in shape in July. It's kind of nice to spend a little of the day running and walking outside, especially when you have the time to do it. This weekend I will be celebrating Easter with a few friends here. We plan on having an easter egg hunt and a feast. I guess if I can't have Easter at home, this will be a close second! Today was a pretty good day. I woke up, watched an episode of House (I am addicted again! Beware!), went running, and then met up with some friends to try the running sushi place in town. It was quite good considering it was all you can eat and I ate so much that I definitely have not been able to make an appetite recovery. My friend from Transy, Ted, was in town throughout the day and I met him around 8 to get a drink. He studied here two years ago and really enjoyed being back in Regensburg. It really is a nice place and it was great to see a familiar face from home.

I am entirely unsure of what else I will be doing this weekend. I plan on going on a really long walk tomorrow since I have nothing much else to do. I miss everyone and hope you all have a great holiday!

Love Ashley
View from our hike in nearby Adlersberg village
Liz and I enjoying it not being freezing

Der Dom in Regensburg

No comments:

Post a Comment