Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What? Less than 12 hours?!

I would definitely be lying to you if I pretended that I am one of those people who never stresses over anything. You can ask anyone who knows me, because they know that whether it is deciding something as important as what Transy classes I am going to take, or as seemingly unimportant as picking out a toothpaste (I know people are always saying Crest is better. but I think Colgate has its own pros!), I stress. So you can imagine how I feel at this moment knowing that I have less than 12 hours before I will be leaving for Germany for six months. My room is an absolute disaster area of suitcases, backpacks, and clothes/shoes that just didn't make the final packing cut, and my parents are threatening me if I don't get a move on getting my stuff together. Not to mention I worked 6am-5pm today which seriously cut into my preparation time!

However, it is all coming together and I can always sleep on the plane, I suppose! The last month has actually gone pretty quickly. I finally took the LSAT and now I can breathe again (until the results on March 7!) Now it is the night before and I am feeling rather anxious. It is so exciting to think that I will have the next six months to experience something completely new, but I can't help but have a little apprehension about being thrown into a foreign country and being expected to actually survive until August. I know that everything will be fine and that there is no way that I can manage to make this experience not a positive one, but I'm still freaking out a little bit.

I am planning on staying up late-ish tonight and getting up around 5 or 6 before Dad and I head up to the airport. I have two connections before I get into Berlin around 9am (German time) Thursday. So my next update will actually be in Germany! I am so excited I can hardly stand it, but it's really unbelievable that it is already time to go.

Bis spaeter (and in Germany!)

Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I wont be too far away! Give me a shout if you need anything! See you in April!

    ReplyDelete