Sunday, June 19, 2011

Working hard or hardly working?

Another week and it seems all I have gotten accomplished is taking one of my two tests for the semester, preparing a presentation about German holidays single-handedly thanks to a phantom partner, and getting a few last minute details of our trip put together. Actually, now that I think about it that is basically more than I have accomplished my entire trip here!

Tomorrow is my presentation, which I am somewhat stressing about only because the guy who I am supposed to be working on it with still hasn't done a darn thing to help me get it together. Slacker. However, I am sure it will go over fine, partner or no partner, and I will be glad to be through with it. Tuesday I will get the test I took last Thursday back. The rest of the week I plan on relaxing, watching a little house, spending time with my friends, and baking a lot of banana bread! My grandma sent me her perfect recipe so I am hoping to be able to duplicate it rather well. Rudy has been clued in as to what his surprise is and now he knows we are off to LONDON on the 25th. He arrives in Regensburg at 12:15 after a nearly 48 hours of sitting on trains and then we are leaving early the next morning for the airport. I am sure he won't be sick of traveling at all... We are spending two days in London and then going to Edinburgh for a couple as well. Finally, we are flying back and visiting Salzburg (Do Re Me) and Munich. It will be a whirlwind few days, but I am desperately looking forward to the change of pace and getting out of Germany for a little while. I have lots to look forward to, and even though things are a little tiresome and mundane around these parts, I am ready for the new week!

Now if only I could convince my flatmate that her song and guitar rendition of Hotel California is better neither seen nor heard... especially when she's playing it for the 200th time this week alone.

See you all July 29!

Love Ashley

Here's a picture of the view from my window. I thought it was a funny contrast to how it looked when I arrived on March 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment